• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket on Private property, Handicapped, Markings not visable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

westsidesurf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Advice needed. I got a $330 Handicapped parking ticket issued by Los angeles county Sheriffs. My car was in my underground security gated parking structure in my apartment building. I honestly didnt even know there were handicapped parking spaces in the structure. The handicapped marking in the parking spot is extremely faded and barely noticeable. Also at night, when i parked my car, the lighting is also very dim so as to make the marker even less visable. FYI- We dont have assigned spaces and we can park in any available spot, and we do pay a parking fee in addition to our rent.
Is there anything I can do. If so a thorough explanation would be much appreciated
thank you

CdwJava

Then you can appeal the parking citation based upon the improper markings or signage.

Take a lot of pictures and bring them with you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">