• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old will verses new will.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wilson2510

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina.
I WAS NAMED THE EXECUTOR OF MY LATE AUNT'S WILL.ONE PART OF THE WILL STATES THAT 4 ACRES OF LAND IS TO BE DISTRIBUTE BETWEEN FOUR NEPHEWS.

WELL ONE OF THE NEPHEWS NOT MENTION AS A BENEFICUARY OF THIS LAND,
WENT BACK TO OUR GRANDMOTHER WILL WRITTEN IN 1968, WHICH STATES THAT MY AUNT WAS THE BENEFICUARY OF THIS FOUR ACRES AND AFTER HER NATURAL DEATH, WOULD GO TO CERTAIN GRANDCHILDRENS,WELL HE WAS NAMED IN THE 1968 WILL AND MY AUNT CHANGED HER WILL FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO INHERIT THE LAND. THIS PARTICULAR GRANDCHILD BELEIVES HE DESERVES THIS LAND.MY AUNT PAID THE TAXES AND UPKEEP ON THIS LAND FOR FORTY YEARS.THIS GRAND CHILD WAS AN ADULT DURING THE PASSING OF MY GRANDMOTHER. MY QUESTION IS DO THE WILL OF MY AUNT TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER MY GRANDMOTHER WILL AND IS THERE A STATUE OF LIMITATIONS ON THE VALIDITY OF A WILL?

Kiawah

You should turn your CAPSLOCK off, so people can read your posting easier.

How is the deed to the land currently titled?

ShyCat

Grandmother's will gave the land to the aunt. The aunt's will now gives the land to her own beneficiaries, regardless of how the grandmother's will tried to control her actions. Grandmother's will cannot dictate how aunt will dispose of HER inherited property. It is the aunt's property to dispose of as she wishes, just as she could have sold it at any time after she took title to the land.

justalayman

it sounds like auntie may have been given a life estate rather than actual title to the property. If so, then yes, g-ma could have named the g-kids as remaindermen. If so, the aunts will cannot direct the property be given to anybody.

So, what did g-ma's will say?

and, was the title ever actually put into aunties name?

wilson2510

it sounds like auntie may have been given a life estate rather than actual title to the property. If so, then yes, g-ma could have named the g-kids as remaindermen. If so, the aunts will cannot direct the property be given to anybody.

So, what did g-ma's will say?

and, was the title ever actually put into aunties name?
yes.the deed is in my aunts name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">