• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile probation ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackstar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
San Diego County
Hi there. My son is 17 and was just convicted of a felony and put on juvenile probation for one year with a review in April. If he completes his probation w/o getting into trouble and does all his community hours, etc. he will be left off probation. I doubt that will happen.
heres my question...
He will be 18 in 2 months and still on juvenile probation. Can I petition the court to have his juvenile probation switched to adult probation? He is out of control and I just want him to move out and naturally I dont want to be held accountable (financially) for any more fees he incurrs after 18. Ive asked his p.o. these same questions and she dosent seem to know the answers??
Thank you.

CdwJava

He will be 18 in 2 months and still on juvenile probation. Can I petition the court to have his juvenile probation switched to adult probation?
No. It takes a new offense and adjudication to allow for a transfer to adult probation.

He is out of control and I just want him to move out and naturally I dont want to be held accountable (financially) for any more fees he incurrs after 18.
When he's an adult, regardless of whether he is on juvenile probation or not, you should not be liable for his actions.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">