• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of Control Teen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

help5689

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Well, I'm writing for my boyfriend about his brother. He's sixteen years old, goes (infrequently) to an alternative highschool at out local community college, and is completely OUT OF CONTROL. Firstly, he is addicted to drugs. His mother has allowed him to see a pyschiatrist and they have prescribed him to xanax, which he abuses. He is addicted to cocaine and deals drugs to support himself. Their grandmother got them a home equity line of credit so that MY BOYFRIEND could buy himself a car and somehow his brother had access to the money and took well over $20,000!!! His mother always talks about how she needs to do something about it but she herself is an alcoholic who smokes pot and teaches ESE students at an elementary school. The boy has stolen her and his grandmothers car, without a license, many times and now they are both broken/not running because of his abusive driving. He is also very violent. I believe this is partially why his mother and grandmother don't do anything about it. My boyfriend had a restraining order on him for a year because he stabbed him. I have filed a report with "Crime Stoppers" about how he is advertising his drugs on Myspace but nothing has been done about that. I'm sick of being affected by this crazy teenager, what can my boyfriend and I do about this? Thanks in advance. BTW, his mother has NO money to put him in rehab and is the laziest person on earth.

Also, he has picked up a habit of stealing. His mother knows about this too and has done NOTHING.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">