• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executors, Taxes, Then What

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candacemccay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I've been putting off writing a formal will for ages because I don't have anyone to name as an executor. I've asked a few law firms if they provide this service (I understand some do), but no one in my area (yet). If this is an option, how is the cost of this structured? A huge percentage of the estate? If I have a will, but do not name an executor, what happens? Along the same lines, if I have a will and no executor, who should get a copy of the will or is there any guarantee my requests will be honored if no one trustworthy has a copy?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

Just ask for fee quotes--a lot depends on the complexity of your assets, whether you have a lot of them or not. A simple will could cost a few hundred dollars.

curb1

Just curious as to why you cannot find an executor? Do you have any beneficiaries in mind?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">