• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Safe?-Or am I swimming with sharks?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SS/Teve

This is my first post, and I want to say thanks up front for any advice I receive from you.
I need advice. I invente a new utility knife unlike any other in the world. I have a patent pending, and am filing the regular patent very soon. I built a webpage for demo purposes, and am now negotiating an offer from a major manufacturer. I can't afford outside help on this, but a source has told me I'm safe as far as infringement goes. Can my invention be stolen by this company? I have copies of e-mails to prove that they offered me a deal on my invention. How shaky is the ground I'm on? I worry about this because everything is being done through e-mail at this time. Any thoughts or advice on this would be helpful. I live in Arkansas, and the company is International. Thanks
SS/Teve
p.s.the company is very reputable.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. Whta I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Even reputable companies have been known to do bad things. Especially when the person is not repped.

if this is truly on the up and up, a good respectable attorney can work out a payment plan with you.

http://www.attorneypages.com

You need a patent attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">