• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking tix

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shygirllee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I didnt realize that i had parked in a spot that was a no parking zone from 7am to 10am.
when i went to get my car it was booted for which i had to pay $185 for and also had 2 tickets on it written by two different cops within 9 minutes of each other for the same exact offense(no standing) for $115 each. I sent both in as not guilty with an explanation stating i would accept responsibility for the full payment of one but could they dismiss the other, well they wrote back to say they would "discount" each ticket to the amount of $90 each. I still felt that was not fair so i resent it for a judges review, only to be denied completely. so now they are asking for the full $115 amount for each. Is there anything further I can do?
thanks.
LC

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I didnt realize that i had parked in a spot that was a no parking zone from 7am to 10am.
when i went to get my car it was booted for which i had to pay $185 for and also had 2 tickets on it written by two different cops within 9 minutes of each other for the same exact offense(no standing) for $115 each. I sent both in as not guilty with an explanation stating i would accept responsibility for the full payment of one but could they dismiss the other, well they wrote back to say they would "discount" each ticket to the amount of $90 each. I still felt that was not fair so i resent it for a judges review, only to be denied completely. so now they are asking for the full $115 amount for each. Is there anything further I can do?
thanks.
LC
Yes - pay $230 and learn your lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">