• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing answers.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomToChoose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana.
the state of Indiana placed a no contact order on both me and my fiance. I got 6 months probation, he got 1 year. Although we both know now that contact in any form includes email. This went on for four days before we both did research and found it would be a violation of probation. We haven't had contact since. My question is, what would the penalty be if our PO's found out of the contact during a visit to our homes? Is it probable they take our cpu's to investigate and is this standard procudure of the people w/computers and no contact orders?
Thank you for your help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

How long ago did you stop emailing?

And you really thought no contact meant email was okay? Really?

CdwJava

It is not likely that they will search your computer unless someone tells them that you had been e-mailing the other party in violation of your probation and a court order. This can happen easily, so I would just avoid all contact.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">