• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laid off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scott1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I work in car sales and right now sales are not good for anyone. I have not been written up for anything. I work on my off days 90% of the time. I make my commission requirements every month and I place within the top 3 to 5 sales persons every month. My boss comes to my desk and my wife overhears the whole conversation. My boss said that "times were bad and they were laying off for now but when things got better they would certainly call me". He even told me who the other two guys were they were laying off also. So I thought nothing of it. He continuosly said "it's not personal". This was Thursday Nov 6. I had already met my 1500.00 commission requirement on the 6th and you have until the 15th to meet that. I go to collect unemployment. I am told I need a pink slip. I go by the dealership to get it and it states basically that I didn't meet production NOT that there wasn't enough business like I was told. I approached both bosses and tried to approach his boss, because that is wrong, i was told it wasn't me. They avoid me. They pass the buck... get HR to fix, get your boss to fix, blah blah blah. I explain to the DOL what happened and so far I am getting no where. This lie is causing my claim to delay. I have No money coming in and my bills are getting behind. I cannot get this corrected. My wife told me to appeal. The girl at the DOL said it could take awhile. Why? There is nothing in my employment record to support my production not being met. At this rate I could lose my house. Someone please help. What questions do I ask? What are my rights? I just need some guidance as soon as possible. Any advice?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

There's nothing illegal about what they did. An illegal termination refers to them terminating you because you're part of a protected class. In other words, they can't select only Hispanics to terminate or terminate you because of your age.

ecmst12

All you can do is file an appeal, I don't know why you haven't done that yet. The burden of proof will then be on them that you were fired for cause rather then laid off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">