• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

County Decal Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tu3592

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA (Loudoun County)

I received a ticket for not displaying my county sticker. The fine is 100 and I am trying to decide if I should go to court. I purchased the decal prior to receiving the ticket, but it was not displayed because I was scheduled for a windshield replacement the next day. Also the tax assessors office made a mistake in mailing out the paperwork and I received after the decal due date. Unfortunately, I discarded the paperwork after I purchased the decal. I am not sure how much court costs are so I don't know if it is worth the time. Thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The Occultist

If you go to court with proof that you are now in compliance with the law, it's possible that you might see some amount of leniency from the court.

FlyingRon

It's not up to the tax office to mail you paperwork. It's up to you to get the next years decal by Nov 17. If you have a decal now (and can show it by whatever means) Occultist is right you may get some leniency. I've been up as a witness in front of a couple of Loudoun traffic judges and they're often pretty decent about such things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">