• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dnl918

I was terminated after only 2 weeks of employment. I had to go to the hospital emergency room during my second week of training. I was treated for dehydration and irritable bowel. This situation was absolutely unavoidable!! My Father and my boyfriend both notified my employer of my whereabouts. I was unable to call my employer until I was released at 10pm at night from the ER--I left a message on her voice mail. I was prescribed medication that had some serious side effects and to remain off work for another day. However, I returned to work the following day to avoid any problems from employer. I brought all of the necessary documentation to my employer. Less than 4 days later I was terminated supposedly for performance issues. Is this unjust termination? Afterall I was in training!!

Thank you for all responses!!!!

Help!! I need some advice on this matter? Anybody that can offer any suggestion or information regarding this situation.. Thank You

[Edited by dnl918 on 02-24-2001 at 03:18 PM]

L

loku

Most people are employees at will and have no employment contracts or union contracts that protect them. That means that a boss can fire them at will for any legal reason other than discrimination on the basis of such things such as race, color, creed, etc.) or no reason at all. If there is an employment contract, or a union, that's different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">