• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband laid off when other employee doing same job was kept on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deebumps

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
We are going to mediation with EEOC and I really want to know what info we need to have with us concerning what we consider our losses due to this layoff. We are stuck with a $400 van payment because he needed it for his job. We have other transp avalable. He had been out of work for 5 months and nothing is out there. How do we quantify the losses to income and health insurance and pain and suffering.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We are going to mediation with EEOC and I really want to know what info we need to have with us concerning what we consider our losses due to this layoff. We are stuck with a $400 van payment because he needed it for his job. We have other transp avalable. He had been out of work for 5 months and nothing is out there. How do we quantify the losses to income and health insurance and pain and suffering.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Sell the van. :rolleyes:

From this post alone, it appears that nothing illegal occurred. Of course, I'm SURE you will post more facts as to why it was an unfair layoff.

ecmst12

If the EEOC is going to mediation rather then just issuing a right-to-sue letter, there must be something to the case. You should have an attorney by now.

I would also advise trading in the van for something cheaper if you no longer need it. That is not a 'damage' as the payment is within your control.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

**A: from the limited information posted, he has no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">