• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful arrest/insurance tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justcureus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am looking to find out who is above the Chief of Police? I was falsely arrested on Disorderly Conduct which I did do, and the officer that "arrested" me asked me if I wanted him to pull the tapes to prove I supposedly said. I told yes, and he just ignored me. I had to ask him what I was being arrested for, and he never read me my rights or anything, just handcuffed me(which he brusied my wrists) and put me in the back of his car, then took me to the police station and put me in a cell handcuffed to a pole. Before this about 5 days before, he gave my husband and I a ticket for no insurance on the car, and when we gave him the insurance card he threw back and said, "Anyone can have an insurance card". Which is a $500 ticket.

I need to know who to go to and discuss this, from my understanding this Police Station is known for harrassing and doing these things to the people, no one is brave enough to stand up to them. Also, the chief of police and Magistrate is all in this together. (Backing each other)

I have not been able to sleep or get my mind off of all this because of all of this, because I've NEVER been in trouble with the law or otherwise, I've had max 2 tickets in my life. And I would like this off my record.

If anyone could give me advise I would VERY much appreciate any and all.

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am looking to find out who is above the Chief of Police? I was falsely arrested on Disorderly Conduct which I did do, and the officer that "arrested" me asked me if I wanted him to pull the tapes to prove I supposedly said. I told yes, and he just ignored me. I had to ask him what I was being arrested for, and he never read me my rights or anything, just handcuffed me(which he brusied my wrists) and put me in the back of his car, then took me to the police station and put me in a cell handcuffed to a pole. Before this about 5 days before, he gave my husband and I a ticket for no insurance on the car, and when we gave him the insurance card he threw back and said, "Anyone can have an insurance card". Which is a $500 ticket.

I need to know who to go to and discuss this, from my understanding this Police Station is known for harrassing and doing these things to the people, no one is brave enough to stand up to them. Also, the chief of police and Magistrate is all in this together. (Backing each other)

I have not been able to sleep or get my mind off of all this because of all of this, because I've NEVER been in trouble with the law or otherwise, I've had max 2 tickets in my life. And I would like this off my record.

If anyone could give me advise I would VERY much appreciate any and all.

Thank you
I really don't see the problem.
Call the police station and ask THEM how to reach your local chief.

racer72

Based on the wording in your post, I would suggest you hire an attorney to represent you in your cause. There are processes to file complaints against the police, this is generally easy to do but you are going the wrong direction:

I am looking to find out who is above the Chief of Police?
You appear to be confused:

I was falsely arrested on Disorderly Conduct which I did do,
And you don't have a clue to your rights:

he never read me my rights or anything,
FYI, you rights only need to be read prior to questioning after one is arrested, not at the time of arrest. It is done that way on TV for dramatic affect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">