• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me out here. This just plain sucks all around.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just_not_right

- Was fired by a company after working for them for 5 weeks. Sallaried employee earning $95K per year. The excuse being that I was taking too many days off, not performing my duties. This is false.

- Being denied un-employment due to these accusations.

- Recently found out that I was second choice for the position when I interviewed and was offered the position once the 1st choice candidate refused the position. I accepted the postion.

- Recently found out that they fired me 5 weeks later once they became aware that their first choice candidate was back on the market. They made up these excuses to fire me.

- The manager and the 1st choice candidate are both Free Mason's and the favoritism is obvious.

- I took a couple days off during my work for this company, with approval from managers, for my high risk 34 weeks pregnant wifes Dr. appointments.

- Worked in excess of 50 hours per week, every week during my 5 weeks there.

- I await my un-employment appeal.

- I signed a release form when I was fired an received a 2 week check for doing so. I should not have done this but I am a married man with 6 children who was put on the spot. I was /am broke and needed the money to take care of my family.

I need some guidance /help as I feel I have been wronged.

Please let me know if I have any legs to stand on fighting this.

Thank you.

Last edited:

xylene

- The manager and the 1st choice candidate are both Free Mason's and the favoritism is obvious.
The firing was not illegal.

The unemployment was denied - now you appeal. That is how it works.

When you bring up freemasonry, you sound like a crank or a psycho. So don't bring that up in the appeal.

Beth3

If the company felt your performance was subpar or they simply wanted to replace you with their first choice candidate, firing you was not illegal. Even if it was, if you signed a valid waiver of your legal rights in exchange for severance, then there is no legal action you can take.

Pursue the unemployment appeal and continue looking for a new job. Good luck.

(I also agree with not bringing up the Freemason issue. Among other reasons, it's irrelevant.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">