• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriends 19 and i'm 15 (age of consent)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mz..taylor011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MINNESOTA
WELL 2 START OFF I HAVE A REAL BIG!! PROBLEM WELL MY BOYFRIEND IS NOW 19 AND I'M STILL 15 WHEN I WAS 14 YEARS OLD MY BOYFIREND AND I HAD SEX FOR THE 1ST TIME AND AT THAT TIME HE WAS 18.. A FEW DAYS LATER MY FATHER FOUND OUT AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE I MEAN IT WAS REALLY BAD HE WENT TO MY BOYFRIENDS HOUSE AND EVERYTHING WENT WRONG!!! AND HE WAS THREATNING TO SEND HIM 2 JAIL... AND DURING THAT WHOLE SITUATION I HAD NO CLUE THAT HE COULD ACTUALLY GO TO JAIL UNTIL MY DAD TOLD ME AND I LEANED ABOUT THE AGE OF CONSENT,, MEAN WHILE AFTER ALL THAT COOLED DOWN HE TOLD ME HE DOSN'T WANT ME TO SEE HIM AGAIN AND BEING THE YOUNG DUMB GIRL I AM WE'VE STILL STAYED TOGETHER APRIL 24 I WILL TURN 16 BUT THE QUESTION I HAVE IS THAT IF MY DAD FOUND OUT THAT WE WERE DATING CAN HE STILL REPORT HIM AND SEND HIM TO JAIL BUT THE WHOLE THING IS THAT WE ARE NOT HAVING SEX!! AT ALL WE JUST WANT TO BE TOGETHER I LOVE HIM AND HE LOVES ME AND WE BOTH AGREED THAT WE WON'T BE HAVING SEX UNTIL I'M OLDER I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF HE CAN STILL GET IN TROUBLE AND WHAT I CAN DO TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING PLEASE!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!:(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since the age of consent in MN is 16, yes, he can still "get in trouble". Big trouble.

What's more, until you are 18 it is entirely up to your dad who you can and cannot see. Even after you turn 16, if Dad says you can't see him, then you can't see him, regardless of what the state of MN says.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
If Dad says No, it's No. Tell your 'boyfriend' to find someone his own age.

Oh, and all-caps posting is considered rude behaviour on the internet. At 15, you should know that by now. :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am appalled!
Flabbergasted!
Astounded!

The FATHER actually failed to report this pedophile?!? :eek::eek:

The child-molester SHOULD be in jail!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If the father is aware of this crime, could he not also face certain charges for not reporting it?
It is possible for him to be charged. And if he allows his daughter to date this man again, he could also get in trouble for failing to protect.

cracker

I would literally vomit if I found out my son was dating a 14 year old when he was 18 or a 15 year old when he was 19. That is disgusting. I would also flip if I found out my daughter was having sex (or son for that matter) at 14. I know it is a new day and age and all, but some girls haven't even reached full puberty at 14. That is sick. Your father should absolutely press charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">