• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

damages possible/large corp. in ca.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Baaddbobb

after being told by my mgr. i would be placed on medical leave, he instead had me terminated. the union that represents me agreed to my reinstatement and all time off is considered as medical leave. the co. has admitted the mgr. did behave in a less than ethical manner by falsifying co. documents and lying to get the termination. during the three months of so called medical leave i have been unable to get care perscribed by my dr. due to lack of insurance worsening my health, and lost over $12,000 in earnings due to the behavior of this co. and it's representatives. can i seek damages via civil action in california?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Baaddbobb said:
after being told by my mgr. i would be placed on medical leave, he instead had me terminated. the union that represents me agreed to my reinstatement and all time off is considered as medical leave. the co. has admitted the mgr. did behave in a less than ethical manner by falsifying co. documents and lying to get the termination. during the three months of so called medical leave i have been unable to get care perscribed by my dr. due to lack of insurance worsening my health, and lost over $12,000 in earnings due to the behavior of this co. and it's representatives. can i seek damages via civil action in california?
My response:

You must first go through your Union's "Grievance" procedures, as detailed in your Union Agreement and / or Policy Manual. See your Union Steward for further details about this procedure, and all of your Rights during the process.

Then, after all Administrative / Grievance procedures have been exhausted, and you are still not satisfied, then you may be able to file a lawsuit in court.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">