• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court mishap?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itwasanaccident

hey could someone help me?
i called the court and they said i was not in their computer system, but my court date says that i am supposed to appear on december 15th

is there any chance that an officer wrote a ticket and decided not to enter it into the system?

outonbail

hey could someone help me?
i called the court and they said i was not in their computer system, but my court date says that i am supposed to appear on december 15th

is there any chance that an officer wrote a ticket and decided not to enter it into the system?
Sure is. There's also a chance of me winning the lottery tomorrow, because I purchased a $5.00 quick pick.

I'll be watching the drawing to see if I'm out of debt tomorrow.
Likewise, I suggest that you go to court and watch the proceedings on December 15th to see if the judge calls your name.

If not, you'll probably learn something from the experience anyway. Try for a seat in the front row, you'll have the best view. If anyone gives you any trouble, mention my name!;)

Antigone*

If anyone gives you any trouble, mention my name!;)
I'm impressed Out, the IE knows your name, but I didn't realize you are known world-wide:). I can't for the life of me figure out if this OP is in the US or on another planet.

Am I blind or is his state really missing:eek:

Antigone*

Wire, I am in Arcadia, California

Thanks, outonbail
Oh, what the heck made me think you were in the IE. You're close but no cigar. But it is true, the IE does know you - I've read your always entertaining posts on a site dedicated to Riverside - just can't remember which one at the moment.

Arcadia is a great place. I grew up in Alhambra.

keep entertaining me!! take care, ana

outonbail

Oh, what the heck made me think you were in the IE. You're close but no cigar. But it is true, the IE does know you - I've read your always entertaining posts on a site dedicated to Riverside - just can't remember which one at the moment.

Arcadia is a great place. I grew up in Alhambra.

keep entertaining me!! take care, ana
I am in Riverside, it was the OP who is in Arcadia. You probably read my posts on Topix. There were a couple of other forums I posted on, but I had to change my name after getting banned.

Can you imagine such a thing? I guess some folks just can't take a joke,,,

itwasanaccident: I received a citation for a moving violation several years back in the city of Rialto. When I went to court on the date noted on the citation, my name didn't appear on the schedule of cases for that day. I went to the clerks window and asked why. She asked for my name and checked the computer and said she didn't see me in there at all.

Then she asked me if I had my copy of the citation. I figured if they lost their copy, then I lost my copy too.
Anyway, for whatever reason it was never filed with the court, so I guess it slipped through a crack somehow.

Hence, it does happen. But like i suggested, I would go there on the date noted on the citation and make sure, so you don't end up making matters worse by having an FTA charge added.

Antigone*

:eek::eek:What the heck is up with me - that is strike two tonight. I'm only getting things half right:).

That's right Out, it was Topix. Banning you:confused::eek::confused: how ridiculous!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">