• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment leaving date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deannanc

Hi everyone,

I was made redundant a couple of months ago, and given a week notice. According to the "termination of employment" letter, the last day of work was Sept 2nd, but the leaving date on the P45 form was Sept 9th. Does this mean that my annual leave payments (5 days) were taxed, when they shouldn't have been?

I would also like to know which document is more important if I need to prove the exact date of leaving (for example if claiming jobseekers allowance). It is worth noting that according to the letter from my employer, I was employed for less than a year (on day less only!) and am not entitled to jobseekers allowance. However, the date on P45 says I was technically employed (and paid taxes) for more than a year.

Thanks

eerelations

It sounds like you're not in the US. Why do you think this site says things like "US law only" and "what's the name of your state"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">