• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GPS Tracking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psiedtsi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Company is based in Minnesota, my "branch" is in North Dakota, but I work on both sides of the border.

Hope this is the right spot? Didn't see much that really pertained to it...

Anyway, recently we got new phones at work, and there have been rumors of GPS tracking, directly from my Supervisor(who has no control over it either), and I have seen evidence that it exists with the program we use on our phones. My question is this: Do they have to tell us they are potentially doing this or is there no such "law" for that? It seems weird they would just start doing it without even telling anyone about it, and sort of "wrong", too? I really have nothing to hide with it, but if this is the case, I don't plan to employed there much longer.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Just for the record, my co-worker and I had the GPS disabled on our phones so the battery will last the whole day, and just about 20 mins ago, the guy in charge of the phones just logged into my phone remotely and I SAW him enable the GPS on my phone while I was watching it.

psiedtsi

I understand they can, and obviously the phones have it built in, but do they have to disclose anything to the employees before they actually track them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">