• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Ownership??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yapattack

In order tot qualify to buy a home last year we had to "lose" a car payment. We sold the car to someone and have been making the payments for that person so that we could keep the car. I signed a bill of sale saying that I sold the car to him. The car is in his/lein holders name. He now want it out of his name and back into ours. We do not qualify to do this. I did send him notes and letters saying that we would get it back into our name so my question is. Is the car legally his responsibility since we "Sold" it to him. Or, can he get us somehow? He also want us to sign some kind of security agreement but he can not legally do that without involving the bank/lien holder. My only option is to park the car in front of his house and leave it. What could he do to us legally? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">