• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sentencing for theft charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soqlameriiszx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

New jersey

today i had my arraignment for a 4th degree theft charge. the store is saying i stole $300 but it was actually $200. how do i go about getting the judge to fix this?.. or should i just plead guilty to the $300? also what are possible sentences?

Last edited:

soqlameriiszx

sure.

i worked at a department store & took money from the register.. totaling $200.
the store is saying that $300 was taken, even though i gave a written statement saying that the other $100 was never in my posession and was put back in the register.
When i went to my arraignment no one from the store was there i could talk to, so i'm trying to find the best way to fix this.. the police officer who arrested me said he couldnt do anything, that i would have to talk to the store.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">