• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with Old employer - Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manchikar

Hi,

I have recently moved from employer A to employer B with one day notice. I worked for employer A for 7 months and recently the first project got finished and they moved me into other project. I got a good offer from employer B and got the H1B transfer confirmation also.

Now the old employer threatening me saying he will file a case against me because i did not serve the notice period. But in india we agreed on terms that i can leave if i serve for 6 months. I have the bond also stating the same. Now here in US just before joining the client he asked us to sign one year bond and we signed.

He did not give the paystubs for me for 6 months and he stopped the first month payment. He even took one more paycheck from my bank account without my notice (I have the paystub for the same). When i ask him he is saying he did it because i left within one year and gave 1 day notice.

He is threatening me saying he will cancel my H1 and file a case against me if he gets sued by the client.

My concerns are:
Is there any thing that he can do against me.
Is there any way to get my money without getting into trouble.
Is the bond valid if the employer is in one state and the client is in another state where the bonds are not valid

Please helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">