• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deborah Schlens

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama
My mother went to stay with her son in Alabama, previously she lived with me in Calif.
After she moved there he talked her into changing her power of attorney to him even though he said himself that she could not make decision like that some months before. the power of attorney states that three physicians must declare her incapable. I know that if my mother had been cognisant of what he planned to do with it She would never have changed it. We have never been apart for this long, but he has decided that she cannot come back here with me.
I do believe I am still executor of the trust.
I just want her back with me and she wants to come back.
k10kpurr

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alabama
My mother went to stay with her son in Alabama, previously she lived with me in Calif.
After she moved there he talked her into changing her power of attorney to him even though he said himself that she could not make decision like that some months before. the power of attorney states that three physicians must declare her incapable. I know that if my mother had been cognisant of what he planned to do with it She would never have changed it. We have never been apart for this long, but he has decided that she cannot come back here with me.
I do believe I am still executor of the trust.
I just want her back with me and she wants to come back.
k10kpurr
Did you have a question?

Deborah Schlens

Mom

She is in a nursing facility under the care of a physician who says she can no longer make her own decisions. She has become very lethargic. And he has her ID.

Deborah Schlens

How

How do I get mom back with me? He has her I.D. and he has told the facility admin that I cant take her out, even to go to lunch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">