• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to place a lien against a Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P.Rimmel

I live in Florida. I have loaned funds (with a modest interest rate 7%) to a friend who is Trustee for a Trust created by his parents (now deceased) which names his 3 children as beneficiaries. The money I loaned has been used to put new roofs on and other imporvements to 3 houses named in the trust. The imporvements have made the houses more saleable, but in this market... need I say more? Only one of the three houses has a small mortgage (under $20,000). My friend suggested that he deed one of the three houses over to me, and then later, after its sale, have me pay the trust the difference in what is owed + interest, and what are the proceeds of the sale. He is concerned that my interest ( the funds owed to me) be protected by doing this. I prefer to place a lien against the trust. Is this possible, and what could be the drawbacks or advantages. I really don't want to own another piece of real property. FloridaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The trust is not a party to your loan. Furthermore, the "giving" of the property out of the trust to you sounds a bit shady.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">