• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired after complaining about Harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maxonadam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I want to approach my boss and complain about harrasment.

The problem is his son is the employee i want to complain about.

If he were to fire me on the spot, would that be unlawful?

Should i report a claim with EEOC before talking to my boss?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Everyone has a different definition of harassment, but only some forms are illegal. You're going to need to give us an idea of what is happening before we can answer.

maxonadam

He is threatening me while at work. He is sending me vulgar texts messages after asking him to stop. He has been schedualed shifts and then not showed up, and blamed me for not covering, and i get blamed.

I am affraid that if i report him, he will physically hurt me. He has my phone numbers, and he knows where i live. He is the kind of guy to come to my apartment. I fear my safety everytime i goto work

eerelations

Unfortunately, not showing up for work and blaming you for things you didn't do is not illegal. The only illegal harassment I see here is the "vulgar" text messages, and even that might not be illegal. Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by vulgar?

Regarding your fears for your personal safety, has he actually threatened you? If he has, you can call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">