• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for online municipal/state parking codes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

westsidesurf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Is there a website or place online where i can look up the municipal AND state codes for handicapped parking laws. Im looking for the laws that would govern Marina Del Rey, California, which i think is unincorporated because the ticket was issued by the Sheriffs department of Los Angeles county. Particularly the codes about properly marking and posting of signs for handicapped parking spaces.
thank you for any help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

westsidesurf

the google results give me only the codes and verbage defining that it is illegal to park in a disabled spot without a placard. But what im hoping to do is reference the the code or law that states the requirements of readable and sufficient markings, postings, or signs to signify that the parking space is in fact a disabled / handicapped space. The space i received a ticket in does not have sufficient markings. The paint marking is almost totally gone. It is so faded because my apartment management uses kerosene every couple months to clean the garage surface. I have taken a bunch of photos, but i cant find the Codes/ordinances/ laws to reference when i contest the ticket.
ANYONE ???????

thank you

CdwJava

the google results give me only the codes and verbage defining that it is illegal to park in a disabled spot without a placard. But what im hoping to do is reference the the code or law that states the requirements of readable and sufficient markings, postings, or signs to signify that the parking space is in fact a disabled / handicapped space. The space i received a ticket in does not have sufficient markings. The paint marking is almost totally gone. It is so faded because my apartment management uses kerosene every couple months to clean the garage surface. I have taken a bunch of photos, but i cant find the Codes/ordinances/ laws to reference when i contest the ticket.
ANYONE ???????

thank you
CVC 22511.7 and 22511.8 contain that information.

They are about two thirds of the way down on this page:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=veh&group=22001-23000&file=22500-22526

- Carl

westsidesurf

The vehicle code should help you...
leginfo.ca.gov
Am I missing something? I went to leginfo.ca.gov and looked up the V.C. 22507.8(a)
(which is for disabled parking) and again, all that i can find is the verbage explaining that you must have a placard to park in a disabled space, BUT NOTHING ABOUT THE DISABLED SPACES NEEDING TO HAVE CLEAR / READABLE AND SUFFICIENT MARKINGS, SIGNS, OR POSTING. Does anyone know if this is a state code or local Los Angeles code. I've been searching for hours online and cant find it. I must be missing something

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">