• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"At Will" state employment rules.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

solomio

I was re-hired to my job, with the offer of a promotion to another better paying position in 3 mos. In 3 mos, it was changed to 6 mos. and still the person did not leave the company and I was not promoted. I quit the job to find a better paying job like the one promised to my at this job. The new job I took only lasted 4 months and I was laid off. Job #1 denied unemployment benefits because I quit, but I am appealing on the grounds of promises broken, I feel that it was their fault I quit, if they had given me the promotion as promised, I would still be working for them at this time. I live in Colorado, which is a "at will" state, I don't know if I have a chance for an appeal. My appeal is set for 3/2/01, so please respond to this question as soon as possible, thanks.

crager34

Seems like the promise was to promote you, when the job opened up. It also seems like they kept you informed of the circumstances surrounding that potential promotion, but you, on your own free will, decided not to wait.

Good luck on your appeal, but I don't think you have much of a case.

By thew way - 3% un-employment rate in Colorado....sholdn't be to hard to find another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">