• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luckylisa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
Ok, here is my question.
My friend's ex-wife has joint custody of his two kids, and has started dating her neighbor's brother in law. The ex has started drinking heavily and when her sister came to town, they took the neighbor's 14 year old daughter everywhere with them while the sister was in town.
From more than one source, including my friend's kids, his ex is drinking heavily, leaving the kids alone and going across the street to her neighbor's house for hours on end, and the latest thing is when her sister was in town, they got the 14 year old drunk more than once.
What does the law say about contributing to the deliquency of a minor in this case? How about doing it in front of my friend's kids? I searched facebook looking for his ex and found her profile. On there, I found a picture of the 14 year old and her sister sitting in the ex's house with a beer in their hands and in the same picture, was my friend's 6 year old daughter. I kept a copy of the picture, and also on her facebook, she wrote a note to someone that she and her sister were "getting her 14 year old neighbor drunk".
Is there a case here? Should he just have his attorney confront hers with the evidence?
This guy is a great father and has gotten the raw end of a cheating ex's wrath for years, so if he can get an "ace" in his favor, it would help him protect his 7 year old son and 6 year old daughter from this crazy ex wife.
Help!
Thanks,
Lisa Mac

The Occultist

If he has an attorney, then he can ask these questions to him. Otherwise, if you are merely, say, a concerned 3rd party, then feel free to consult your local police and see what they think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">