• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NLRA Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladybuggirl

I work in a right to work state. I was recently fired because there was a conversation between myself and 3 other employees about our wages. I was not even asked about the conversation or given the chance to tell my side of the story. I was told I violated a company policy and their trust. Before this I have never had any performance or attendance issues. The only thing that is in my file is 2 days before this incident I was written up because they felt I was not happy with the work environment. It was being presented to me as to make notice of the situation and take care of the situation. What are my options and will I be eligible for unemployment? I told them other people were involved in the wage discussion and then what everyone made to prove it. I took the high road and shook their hand afterwards. I found out later, the other employees were written up for the conversation the next day. Less than a month before this, I received a surprise $1 an hour raise because my work was appreciated. This made me the highest paid hourly employee.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I work in a right to work state. I was recently fired because there was a conversation between myself and 3 other employees about our wages. I was not even asked about the conversation or given the chance to tell my side of the story. I was told I violated a company policy and their trust. Before this I have never had any performance or attendance issues. The only thing that is in my file is 2 days before this incident I was written up because they felt I was not happy with the work environment. It was being presented to me as to make notice of the situation and take care of the situation. What are my options and will I be eligible for unemployment? I told them other people were involved in the wage discussion and then what everyone made to prove it. I took the high road and shook their hand afterwards. I found out later, the other employees were written up for the conversation the next day. Less than a month before this, I received a surprise $1 an hour raise because my work was appreciated. This made me the highest paid hourly employee.
Did you have a question?
(In case the question was "Was the termination legal?" - the answer would be YES.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">