• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket for left turn past a parked bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andreamsha

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
22454(a) VC School Bus flashing red.

I turned left at a traffic light, caddy corner from where I was a school bus has parked and dropped off the passengers. I was approaching the bus from a 45-90 degree angle as I was on the cross road with the bus. I executed the turn as the crosswalk and oncoming traffic was clear. The Long Beach motorcycle officer was also on the same street as I was, in the opposing direction facing me. As I made my turn, I did not see a stop sign pulled out on the bus and the officer pulled behind me as soon as I turned and I pulled over just in front of the bus at the curb. He asked me if I had see the lights, and I said no. In addition, the time was 4:22pm in September '08 and the sun was setting directly behind the bus, to my right, and the intensity of the lower sun also obscured the lights, I suppose, and there are also "eyelashes" that cover the flashing lights and they are not visible from the side which is where I was oriented. The bus also sat there for nearly the whole time the officer was writing my ticket. I did not get out to see if the lights were in fact flashing red. I am assuming that the sign (if there was one) was pulled in and thus the only lights that would flash would be yellow. The street I turned on to is a four lane road with room for parking along the street as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">