• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know penalty for fta right away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

icu2qt

Yuba city sutter county california

can you tell me what the bail would be or the amount of time for fta on these charges if i turned myself in (its been less than 14 days since i missed my court date
(i went at wrong time right date but bench warrant was already issued)
will ibe able to bail out right after i turn myself in or will i have to do jail time for fta before i can post bail?
I have a baby under a year old and have got to know before i turn myself in so i can have her cared for!

I had been arrested and out on o.r for 261.5 charged as misd.
And they haven't ruled anything yet on 273.5.it has been left as felony to date

# scso chgs 261.5cpc x4 1320bpc
# 273.5(a)pc 1320(a)pc CALIFORNIA

outonbail

Was this an arraignment you missed, or have you been to court and entered a plea to the charges already?
Do you have an attorney?

If you were late for court you should have gone back the next morning when the court opened and had your case placed on calender for that day. The longer you wait, the worse it looks. You do not want to be picked up and brought before the judge wearing an orange jump suit, handcuffs and leg shackles because it will be assumed that you were intentionally evading the legal process to answer to these charges.

Go to court tomorrow morning and explain your mistake to the judge. If your taken into custody, the judge will set a bail amount and you can be released once the bail is posted.

It could take eight to twelve hours to process your release after the bail is posted, depending on where your case is.

If you have an attorney, he/she can most likely have the warrant recalled or held and schedule you a new appearance date. The judge will still ask you why you failed to appear at the first hearing, so you should be prepared to answer to the judge for missing court. If the judge doesn't find your reason acceptable, he/she can still require you to post bail.

my_wan

Outonbail is correct. I once sit in the wrong court room till it was too late and a bench warrant issued. I went to the correct Judges chambers, after court was over and warrant issued, and talked to him. Everything was taken care of on the spot.

They generally understand your mistakes and are as quick to correct as they are their own mistakes. The key is to "quickly" do your part. If they have to wait till you get arrested you lose the presumption of "mistake".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">