• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this right??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

question1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR
I was fired from my job today for calling in sick to work. What my boss said to me was I was being let go because I had a second job and called in sick to my main job due to being exhausted from working two jobs. When I called in I said that I was sick because I was exhausted( I had a fever and sore throat) . I have the co worker that I left the message with misconstrued what I said and told my boss the above. I was not given an time to defend myself and no one talked to me about this current episode. ( I had quit my second job that week and was no longer working there when I called in sick.) I had several co workers who miss one to three days month and they have not been fired. I also had one co worker who quit that had 31 missed days and tardies she she was not fired. IS there something I can do??
I had pregnancy earlier this year and missed work due to treatment for preeclampsia and I have three kids who are sick frequently. Am I not protected in regards to those days that am was gone?
I also had some personal issues that I had to deal with in May but I was told by my manager and supervisor that these wouldn't count. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How much time, TOTAL, have you missed in the past 12 months for medical reasons? There's a reason and a specific law I'm thinking of.

Hot Topic

You should have talked to the boss and not left a message with your co-worker.

How long had you worked at your main job?

question1234

You should have talked to the boss and not left a message with your co-worker.

How long had you worked at your main job?
We are not required to talk to the supervisor as we come in at 4:30 am I had worked there for almost 2 years (2 year mark was on Jan 30th)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The maximum an employer is required to protect your job for medical reasons is 12 weeks. If you've been out for 12 weeks already, then your employer is within his rights to term you for missing more time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">