• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State appointed attorney did absolutely nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danigerl

My brother took a plea bargin. After 15 months of being isolated in jail awaiting trial without corisponding with anybody but the D.A and the detectives . He was not allowed to make a phone call nor have any visits . A hold was put on all his incoming and outgoing mail. Never had the chance to read the discovery or look at any paperwork at all. His state appointed attorney did not go to see him one time. The only time they spoke was for 20 seconds when they brought my brother into the court room.While they were in court my brother would ask his attorney to come and talk to him that he needed to talk to him but he never did. The judge denied his request when he aske to fire the attorney, but the judge ordered the attorney to go and visit his client. Still never did. Left in the dark unaware of the details only being told lies and false infomation which was the hole ide., By selectivily feeding what information they choose and brainwashing my brother to get the outcome they were hopeing for. A person can only take so much before they give in and are willing to do and say anything just to get out of the situation they are in. So my brother did what they wanted. He plead guilty to involentry manslaughter and took 22 years., in exchange for his testomony. Is there anything he can do?. Is this fair? 22 years for something he sis not do for have any control of. And that was known all along, and his testomony proved it. Please helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">