• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will be fired if......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elgcharley01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Al

Hello, my fiance and I are going to pick up daughter at Marine Corps boot camp next week 12/17. Well my fiance turned in his paperwork on 11/10 for the leave. unpaid. His direct report told him it would be fine if he got someone to work his post. Well he thought everything was good till Monday 12/08 when his direct report told him it was not approved unless he pays for the overtime for the others out of his own pocket. My fiance stated that he would call the controller and his boss stated that "good maybe she will fire your fuxxxxx butt, but not so nicely. He was told that if he went that he would be terminated for no call no show even when he still has 5 days vacation left. This does not seem fair to treat him this way when he has been there for over a year and not a blemish on his record. Do we have any recourse of action?:confused:

ecmst12

While it may be harsh and unreasonable, it is not illegal. If he does not want to get fired, he'd better show up for work. And then start looking for another job.

pattytx

Of course, requiring him to pay any wages "out of his own pocket" is definitely a violation of public policy, if nothing else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">