• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Vehicle Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

14kbi

What is name of your state?
NJ

I have a neighbor who parks commercial trucks and trailers on the street right at the edge of my driveway. These trucks and especially an enclosed trailer blocks my view of oncoming traffic when pulling out. I can't find anything in NJ driving laws that can keep him a reasonable distance away so I can see. As long as he doesn't "block" my driveway. Local ordinances allow the trucks on the street til 11PM.
I was reading about "sight distance". Is this something that I am entitled to?
Can I have these trucks moved for blocking my sight distance? And how can I enforce this with the current local codes?

ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

patstew

Check your local ordinances -- for instance, my city requires that all vehicles be at least five feet from a driveway. Then when it happens again, call whoever issues tickets and ask them to swing by.

If your location doesn't have such an ordinance, I'd submit the request for one to your city council.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">