• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust and PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duknwwhoiam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, and Washington State

My great grandfather (97 lives in California) has a trust where my father (52 lives in Washington) is now co-trustee because my grandmother (72 live in California) resigned due to health issues. My great grandfather has a wife (90) who is an alternate on his DPA. His daughter (being my grandmother) is still attorney in fact. My grandmother has my dad as her attorney in fact. We have recently found out that my great grandfathers wife has been taking money out of the trust. Great grandfather has been very specific in the past that she his should not have access. Recently she somehow has her name on all the statements that previously stated great grandfathers name under that certain trust, which now say great grandfathers name and step great grandmothers name.

1. Can my step great grandmother add her name to the trust because she is an alternate attorney in fact?
2. Can my step great grandmother add her name to the accounts in the trust by saying she now deals with all of great grandfathers finances because she is his wife of 34 years?
3. With my dad being a co-trustee does he have in his right to take my step great grandmother off the accounts in the trust?
4. Also if there is suspicion that my step great grandmother is not taking care of my great grandfather fully can my dad step in to make decisions on great grandfathers care?

curb1

Are the assets in the trust titled with your Great Grandmother? If they have been married for 34 years she could very likely be co-owner of all of the assets regardless of what the trust says.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California, and Washington State

My great grandfather (97 lives in California) has a trust where my father (52 lives in Washington) is now co-trustee because my grandmother (72 live in California) resigned due to health issues. My great grandfather has a wife (90) who is an alternate on his DPA. His daughter (being my grandmother) is still attorney in fact. My grandmother has my dad as her attorney in fact. We have recently found out that my great grandfathers wife has been taking money out of the trust. Great grandfather has been very specific in the past that she his should not have access. Recently she somehow has her name on all the statements that previously stated great grandfathers name under that certain trust, which now say great grandfathers name and step great grandmothers name.

1. Can my step great grandmother add her name to the trust because she is an alternate attorney in fact?
2. Can my step great grandmother add her name to the accounts in the trust by saying she now deals with all of great grandfathers finances because she is his wife of 34 years?
3. With my dad being a co-trustee does he have in his right to take my step great grandmother off the accounts in the trust?
4. Also if there is suspicion that my step great grandmother is not taking care of my great grandfather fully can my dad step in to make decisions on great grandfathers care?
You are very confused.

Powers of attorney have nothing to do with trusts. Your questions make no sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">