• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lay off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CTmanager

CT, does anyone know if Connecticut has a bump policy as law other that mass lay-offs. was just laid off over other managers with less time and experience without being offered a latteral move or an oppertunity to move into another position. do I have any legal stand to go back and discuss with them?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are no laws in any state that dictate to the employer the order in which they must lay off employees. As long as they do not violate Title VII and choose people on the basis of race, religion, national origin etc., it is entirely up to the employer what criteria they use to decide who gets laid off and who stays. They are not required to use seniority unless a legally binding contract or CBA says otherwise; nor are they required to offer lateral moves with the same caveat.

CTmanager

Thanks for the info, guess I did something I should not have, or just bad luck, not going to be a very good holiday for us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">