• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking ticket w/o VIN or Expiration dat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmaxlow

Hi, I got a parking ticket yesterday, but the agent did not note the VIN number and listed the expiration number as not shown. My car has Illinois plates, and both of those items are Clearly visible from outside the car? Are either of these legitimate causes to get this ticket dismissed?

Also, this ticket was issued in a heavy downpour. There were 3 parking signs in the area where I was parked 1) No parkinng street sweeping 8:30- 10 AM, Monday and Thursday (Facing South) 2) No parking 7 Am - 4 PM School days (Facing south) 3) No parking anytime (Facing North). Ticket issued 8:13 PM Thursday. My vehicle was protruding partially into the No parking zone, but it was difficult to interpret the signs in the midst of dark, rainy conditions. The weather was so extreme that the agent was unable to locate the clearly displayed expiration and VIN, and I could not clearly see the traffic sign. Would this be a valid argument if the first one fails?

Any Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

seniorjudge

Q: Hi, I got a parking ticket yesterday, but the agent did not note the VIN number and listed the expiration number as not shown. My car has Illinois plates, and both of those items are Clearly visible from outside the car? Are either of these legitimate causes to get this ticket dismissed?

A: Of course I haven't seen the ticket, but if the vehicle can be identified, then this is no help.

Q: Also, this ticket was issued in a heavy downpour. There were 3 parking signs in the area where I was parked 1) No parkinng street sweeping 8:30- 10 AM, Monday and Thursday (Facing South) 2) No parking 7 Am - 4 PM School days (Facing south) 3) No parking anytime (Facing North). Ticket issued 8:13 PM Thursday. My vehicle was protruding partially into the No parking zone, but it was difficult to interpret the signs in the midst of dark, rainy conditions. The weather was so extreme that the agent was unable to locate the clearly displayed expiration and VIN, and I could not clearly see the traffic sign. Would this be a valid argument if the first one fails?

A: Rain does not wash away parking laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">