• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adianb49

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

im 20 and my 16 yr old exs dad got a restraining order and said that i hit her..ive never laid a hand on her and he has no proof of it. what will the courts do if theres no proof or if she doesnt go to the hearing?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

im 20 and my 16 yr old exs dad got a restraining order and said that i hit her..ive never laid a hand on her and he has no proof of it. what will the courts do if theres no proof or if she doesnt go to the hearing?
You need to stay away from the 16 year old -- PERIOD. The courts will most likely put a restraining order against you if dad complains that you have been around his child. YOU are an adult. She is not.

adianb49

thats what ive been doing im just trying to avoid getting a bogus assault charge for something i didnt do.

Just Blue

thats what ive been doing im just trying to avoid getting a bogus assault charge for something i didnt do.
Perhaps you should stay the hell away from little girls...Date women (that would be girls OVER the age of 18...in case you didn't know).:rolleyes:

CdwJava

But, you have not been charged with assault an/or battery, have you? This is a restraining order hearing, not a criminal trial.

In any event, dad has most the rights here, you don't. And if your precious little girl does not go to the hearing and refute the allegations, it is likely that the order will be enacted. Though, it depends on the nature of CO law.

In any event, you might do well to stay away from this girl before daddy does something that might cause you a good deal of pain.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">