• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL, et al....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

I know you gentlemen and others have a distaste for the board from whence this link originates, but based on my humble and frequent offering of advice to poor unfortunate miscreants and down on their luck inhabitants of this earth
and website, I was hopeful you would consider a request to offer a portion of the wisdom of your years of cyberlegality to my personal travails...I am forever grateful

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=44347

jyoung

Thanks for your advice. We have an initial court ordered mediation session set for Friday, if that does not go well I will seek counsel on Monday.

jyoung

Damn the torpodoes, full steam ahead.......

attended mediation yesterday, a farce and and an impasse.
the opposing side is so desperate to make my 8 yr. child a hollywood star that they are starting to write blank checks.
Told them if I had to choose today between having a plain daughter or one with fame and fortune, I choose letting her have her regular childhood.

I am not expecting to have the board contributors walk me through a pro se long term litigation, but am hopeful that when I have a specific question I may find someone with an answer here. I have learned much more than I ever imagined possible just by spending time on this website and for that I am grateful. There is no money for an attorney, I looked into it. I am spending all my free time researching on the net and at the local university law library. I have enough ammo for their hearing re. protective order, that even if I improperly requested the minor's income info, my final agreement says child support is affected by income of the minor, florida statutes say the info has to be provided to me in a joint shared custody situation and I have documentation from sources other than the ex as to the actual earnings my daughter has made during 1999. I'm hopeful the judge will agree that this info needs to be on the table, procedures be damned. If a judge wants to tell
me that my kid can go be a potentially famous actress instead of maintaining her current relationship with her dad, I tried my best. I'm confident that's not going to
happen.

My question I have today is an interesting one, I feel, emanating from a notice of hearing handed me yesterday by
my ex's fourth new attorney. They are objecting to the setting of hearings on two matters, one brought by me and one by the former attorneys for my ex, before the General
Master. They claim that the judge did not enter Orders of
Referral to allow the General Master to hear the matters.
I know they are hesitant to see this particular Commissioner
as she has already ruled in my favor on an injunction against relocation out of state. Their problem is, I have copies of both referrals, each signed by the judge. I'm obviously going to produce those at the hearing. Enclosed in the Notice of Hearing is a sentence "Movant counsel certifies that the undersigned has conferred with opposing
counsel in a bona fide effort to agree to the Motion noticed" Not true. First I heard of it was when served, and I would have faxed them the missing paperwork if requested, so far I have reason to like this General Master. Besides the judges wrath, what possible repercussions would there be for filings not worth their salt? They have already threatened to file against me for
attorneys fees for "frivolous and unnecessary litigation", too bad I can't bill myself for my services and do the same.

[Edited by jyoung on 03-03-2001 at 04:36 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">