• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Development Department Appeal Form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diesellam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I got laid off on November 17, 2008 after spending almost 9 years in this company. I began filing for the California Unemployment Insurace immediately on the next day.

Now, I recently received a letter of "Notice of Determination" stating I'm NOT eligible to receive benefits under California Unemployment Insurance Code Section 1253C due to the fact that "I'm self-employed during the normal working hours for your occupation."

My question is this:
I only applied for the "Business Registration Certificate" for the ease of filing my tax. I'm the only one that runs this "company". I've started this for the last 3 years. And this is only for my freelance type of jobs and they are not in regular basis (in fact I haven't worked on any type of freelace for the past several month.)

Would this be enough reason to state in my "employment development department appeal form"? Or do you guys have better ideas how do I make this appeal successful? Any kind of advice would be appreciated, thank you very much in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">