• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with employment/civil suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

socoolisnow1

Arizona
was employed by a large retail business. After receiving information from my doctor that caused anxiety, I was told to see a psychiatrist or my family MD to see if any medication would be necessary, or if it (the anxiety)would be contradictory to the medication I would be taking. I received Xanax. After taking the Xanax, I had 3 separate occasions inwhich I basically lost control. I found a store credit on the floor of my store, and proceeded to purchase a pack of gum on it. The credit did not belong to the store, but I do agree with them that it was not acting with integrity, which is their policy. They subsequently fired me. During the 3 days I was on "suspension", I went to see a psychiatrist, who informed me that with my particular personality "type", benzodiazaprams are not usually prescribed because they are well known to be involved with lowered inhibition and can cause complusory behavior. I returned to my employer with the written report by my psychiatrist, and was informed by my ASM that "it really doesn't matter, it's too late" which she followed up with "the report wasn't even signed." (The report was signed, but I only gave her the page regarding the medication, as I didn't feel my employer needed my complete psychiatric evaluation. I can accept the release from employment, but now my employer is threatening to sue me for shoplifting unless I pay a fee to an attorney's office. I want to go to a medical school, which requires an ethics review. I do not want this to go on my record. The legal aide answering the phone says it will not, and i will get release papers of some sort. Should I pay this? I only have 6 days to decide before they may escalate this to a civil suit per their paperwork. Please let me know what my best course is. I would be willing to pay for legal advice that is effective, but I cannot afford full attorney representation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">