• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feels like prison!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buffee99

I am so confused as to what to do. First off, my ex (never married) is taking me to court for modification of visitation. He says I am denying him visitation, but I haven't. He just refuses to come to my house like the order says. One time he did come to the house and threaten to kill me so I called the police, and now he says that is the reason he won't come to the house, for fear that I'll call the police again. So that is how I am denying him visitation. Also, he constantly calls me and e-mails me asking what I am doing all the time. But he already knows. He will e-mail me the next day and tell me who I was with and what I was doing. He says that neighbors and friends tell him what I am doing. First off, I don't drink or do drugs. I'm either at work or at home. I had my sister and her boyfriend over once (she works for children services!) So in the last 4 months I have been practically a prisoner in my own home. Everytime I leave, he knows. Everytime someone comes over, he knows. He will send me e-mail saying he wants to get back with me (never happen) and then the next day say he hates me and he's gonna take my daughter from me. Should I file for some kind of protection order? How will that affect visitation? And can obsession or a mental disorder affect anything, and how would I prove something like that? I really need help!! I'm scared to do anything at all!! Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

T

TBTN

I am not an attorney, but I am someone who is in similar situation you are in now.

to answer your question, yes, you should file a protective order. what he is doing is stalking and it is agianst the law to stalk a person.if he has e-mailed you, save them., make a copy for a court to see.same goes for phone calls if left in answer machine and have police officer to come to your home to listen to it to record it.

have a lawyer to help you with your daughter case.it may or may not affect how the visitation is going to be.but check it around to see what is need to be done.

hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">