• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help. I am 15. please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlackDNAngel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I have a question, I am 15 and I am currently living with my parents for 15 years. Over these years I things have just gone downhill with my relationship with my parents. My family is very big into education and getting into a good college (Ivy League). I know the thing they do is because they LOVE ME and want the BEST for me, but I have been putting up with emotional and physical abuse, such as calling me a "****ing bitch", "worthless piece of ****" "trash" "low life" "I want to ****ing kill you because your such a bitch" and they think i will never amount to anything in life. I have also been into fight with my parents when i thought I was actually going to die once and it was all because I was on AIM. It is always other stupid things like that. Although I will admit that my grades have gone done from all straight A's to A's and B's now that I have entered high school. And now recently, I have not been able to go out without them following like a hawk and even when I'm going to a friends house they would follow and sit there and watch me. Once I asked to go to a friends house and it was a FRIDAY and 3 o clock and they said its too dark and i wanted to talk about it but they would not be civil with me and we ended up in a fight. I get my hair pulled and neck cut by finger nails and then get slapped across the face. then later in the night me and my father got into a fight about it and i get my face smashed against the wall.

My question is there a way where i can just go and leave with one of my friends? I don't want DSS or the cops avoided because I know what they do to your family and i dont want something like for my lil sister to go through. (my lil sister don't get the abuse i get. They like her.) But what they do isn't because they hate me they just want whats best for me and i know its a culture thing and i am used to it. I just don't know what to do anymore.

racer72

If your parents are physically assaulting you as you state, call the police. What they are doing is against the law. It probably won't make you situation any better but it could put a stop to that form of abuse. It sounds like everyone needs counseling, the above may be a good way to get the ball rolling.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
huh? i don't understand what you are trying to say.
i was wondering if i can just get a restraining order.

He's saying it sounds as if your family needs serious counseling, and getting DSS involved might "get that ball rolling."

No, you can't just get a restraining order. You're a minor. You're either going to be in the custody of your parents, or in the custody of whatever local entity takes care of abused children. If you are experiencing the level of abuse you say you are, you need to call DSS. You can't just leave and move in with a friend.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
At the age of 15 you can move out under one of two conditions, and ONLY under one of these two conditions:

1.) Your parents give you permission to move out

2.) You are removed from the home by DSS.

There is NO law that will let you move out without your parents' permission unless DSS is involved AND DSS decides that placing you elsewhere than with your parents is in your best interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">