• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired because I was sick?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state Texas.

I was employed with a company for 7 months and during the 7 months I was employed with said company I had to call in sick more then one time. Everytime that I needed a sick day I used my PTO (Paid Time Off) that I had acrued during my employment there. The reason my boss said that he was firing me was because he needed someone to work the hours, in which I had not due to bieng ill. However I had a goal of $20,000 a month!!! that I exceeded every month since the start of my employment and he said that he wasnt letting me go due to my performance because my performance was impecible, but due to the fact that I had just missed four days of work that wasnt covered by my (PTO) and aslo I was on anti depressent medication because I was depressed about always bieng sick and he new that I was on the anti depression medication.

So i guess what my question is

Do I have a law suit? what can I do?

Also I applied for un-employment benifets and was denied because I didnt work from a certain time last year until a certain time this year. from when I was hit by a car and nothing ever happened with that as well.

Thank you for any help you can offer me.

ecmst12

Since you did not work there for 12 months, you could not have qualified for FMLA, so it was perfectly legal for your employer to fire you for missing too many days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">