• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Fix It Tickets Turned into Collections, but I Fixed Them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UltraDangerLord

My question involves traffic court in the State of: California (Southern)

Hello All,

I got 2 fix it tickets in Aug. 08, One for Vehicle Registration and the other for Change of Address on my drivers license.

I fixed both of these before the due date Oct. 18, 2008. But I failed to appear at the court date.

So I called the collection service and they said I owed them $886.00, so I scheduled a appointment to meet the judge, the earliest date was April 4, 2009.

I have both documents with dates showing that I fixed the registration and change of address before the original court date.

What can I expect from the judge ? Is it likely that he will drop all of most of the $886.00 ?

-Thanks for you time

CourtClerk

After you fixed the violation did you have them signed off by either an officer or the DMV, then go to the courthouse and pay the $10 dismissal fee???? Probably not.

If you can prove it was fixed prior to the appearance date, then the judge will most likely significantly cut most of the fine.

UltraDangerLord

I never had them signed off... should i go do that before my court date ? or does it matter at this point ?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">