• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was I wrongfully suspended?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RM8771ARM

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I currently reside in Vermont but my job location is in New Hampshire.

I work as a truck driver for a nation wide company. I recently had to sign an accident report form because one of my side mirrors were cracked. I claimed it was due to mother nature and the water getting behind then freezing and cracking it. My job is saying I did a hit and run which I am not agreeing to. It was turned into corporate. I got back to my terminal last night and I was told by the night dispatcher that i was suppended. They didnt know for how long, they were just relaying a message from the terminal manager. I go back into work this morning to speak to the manager to find more details. He was not able to tell me for how long. All he offered was a doc position in the morning for 3 hours. Keeping in mind I live and hour away. I never signed any suspension papers stating how long, and why. I assumed in every company there has to be written documents signed by me, the manager, and a wittness in order for this to comply. Is there something not being followed in regards to the equal employment opportunity? How should i go about fighting this if even necessary?

RM8771ARM

yes. I was just reading their handbook. unfortunatley since i failed to report a possible accident i can be suspended or terminated wether i feel it was my fault or not. Aside from the fact there was no damage to any property. I will have to wait. Im trying to find out if i can get atleast partial unemployment. But the terminal manager is not persistant with the answer if i can still work just not that position.

Indiana Filer

yes. I was just reading their handbook. unfortunatley since i failed to report a possible accident i can be suspended or terminated wether i feel it was my fault or not. Aside from the fact there was no damage to any property. I will have to wait. Im trying to find out if i can get atleast partial unemployment. But the terminal manager is not persistant with the answer if i can still work just not that position.
So, how did the mirror really break? Whether or not it was your fault, how did the mirror get broken?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">