• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 qusetions about Pardons and Clearmyrecord websites claim.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BluemoonMom

Hawaii.

Hello, I hope someone can assist me with my situation. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I have two questions, both question are about what occurred in 1985-86 to myself.

Back in 1985 I shot my uncle because he had been molesting me from the age of 7-8 until a couple of months before I shot him..Why did I allow him to continue to molest me even though I no longer lived at home?, because I had younger brothers and I wanted to protect them. I found out that if I had a child I would become emancipated (this was after getting pregnant) from my parents. I was molested at gun point and with a threat that if I did not keep quiet my family would be harmed.
My brother was raped by my uncle and he told me about it as he was leaving for boot camp in 85'.

Needless to say I was horrified to hear this because it occurred after I got kicked out for being pregnant. He (brother was 14 and I was 16) is two years younger than I am and I have two other younger brothers. Before finding out about my brother I was deathly afraid of our uncle, not just because of the gun issue but also because of Martial Arts that our family participated in, said uncle was a 5th degree and I am now a 3rd degree.

When I found out about what my uncle had done to my brother, I lost it and went to see a Psychiatrist. The doctor gave me hundreds of Valiums and told me to tell all my family members right away and to confront my uncle face to face, along with "if this was done at gun point than you should not go to the lions den unarmed".

I armed myself with a tiny .22 Dillinger that fired 2 shots. I informed my family and them called said uncle to let him know that I was coming over to his house to talk to him about what my brother said.

Well, the long and short of this is I was manhandled into the house by a cousin (not said uncles son) I had a couple of friends in the car for moral support and asked that no one leave the car. I heard my friends yelling he has a gun. My uncle was a Customs Agent at the time that this occurred, so he also had his work dog in the house.

They saw my uncle coming towards me with his gun drawn, through the side windows by the door. The house was dark and in the back a TV was on, so they could see a big man coming towards me with a gun in a ready to shoot position.

When I got in the house, he informed me that he was going to kill me for opening my mouth, as he was coming towards me I pushed off my cousin and kicked uncle between the legs, at the very same time I was attacked by the dog and fell out of the house. The door slammed behind me and my uncle was behind it, I knew that he was about to shoot me. I am 5'4 and at the time I weighed all of 90 pounds. He (molester) is 6'3 and 300 pounds. To get into the house you had to step up a foot or less.

My defense Attorneys recreated the whole shooting scene at the house with a man the same height as said uncle.

The first shot hit him in the chest and the second went into the wall at the very back of the house. He was bent forward with his left hand on the door and the right hand holding the gun in a shooting position. We know this because the first bullet ended up in his lower back and the trajectory of the bullet would not have dropped in that manner, considering that the other bullet was in a wall at the very back of the house.

I left there thinking I had killed him and went to the ocean and dumped the gun. That was the first time in 12 to 13 years that I had the best sleep in the world. I was contacted by members of my family to turn myself in. My uncle did not call the police until he hid his guns and cleaned up. I shot him at 8pm and the police were called at 9:30pm.

Before turning myself in I called an Attorney and got my bail money ready. I met the Attorney at the Police Station and bailed myself out. Two hundred thousand dollars in bail.
I was charged with 2 counts of attempted murder.
I admitted to the shooting, because I felt that I should not drag my friends into the mess that was created. I had a jury trial and the support of whole community, along with many UH Faculty members and students. I was found guilty of attempted manslaughter and reckless endangerment. Said uncle was not charged with anything, because in the State of Hawaii they don't go after the prosecution witnesses and the statue of limitations for what he did to us was only 2 years.

The jurors wrote letters on my behalf and many members of the community as well. My brother testified about his rape in full Military Dress, at the time he was in the Special Forces. By the letter of the law I was guilty for my crimes, but in the spirit of the law the jurors came to my rescue.

I was sentenced to 5 years probation, 500 hours of community service and in house arrest for six months. I completed all of the above and have not been in trouble since.

Well, that was over 20 years ago and I need some advice about getting this off my record, I have a 2 year old daughter and I don't want my past to affect her life in any way, shape or form. I gave my son to his paternal grandparents to raise with the agreement of no contact until he was an adult. I no longer live in Hawaii and am now a resident of CA.
If anyone can suggest where I can find help in this matter I would greatly appreciated it.

The second question is about a web-site that is offering to get my record removed for a fee of $200.00. I don't have that kind of money to get scammed with. But if this is legitimate I have no problem paying for this.

Any and all advise is very much welcomed. I was approached back in 86' to do talk shows and I just couldn't bring myself to do them. Today, I am more than happy to write a book and appear on any talk shows that would help anyone that has gone through what I have gone through in my life. After my in house arrest, I was a speaker at UH in the Women Study Dept. I taught Teachers,Psychologist and Law Enforcement how to identify a victim of sexual child abuse. I am an abuse survivor and my brother has died in Iraq.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story.
BluemoonMom

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">