• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

opsin150

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VT

I am federally employed in the Military and as a federal law enforcement officer. I have security clearances in both, a TS/SCI and TS respectively. I have been hit financially by the economy, by 7-months active duty the year before, and presently with a short-term (1-yr) cut in pay until I promote automatically to the newest GS pay scale in my full-time federal job. I have had to lose my financed vehicle, it was repossessed and up for auction 29 DEC 08. I am resolved to losing it but need advice as to the correct path to notify my employers as to my financial situation. Prior, I have explained the situation and presently, the explanations have been positive in granting me a clearance. I need to continue informing my empoloyers at this point. I have found that the BN Financial NCO is the person I need to contact for my military job but my federal full-time job, presently holding all my information, has yet to see a repossession.

The questions:
1) if a repossesion has taken place and I cannot afford the vehicle, the lienholder has taken the vehicle, and I will be paying off the balance after the auction, does that keep me in good standing considering the economy, my previous disclosure, and my cut in pay?

2) For all of those combined reasons, does this impending repossession still pose a risk to my clearances being taken from me having previously explained the issue?

3) Are there financial agencies that help military and federal employees for situations like mine? I simply have less income than what I presently make or than what the economy requires. I have only to sell my home and try to recover that way and the bank is working very graciously with me on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">