• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they do this to me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1big1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I was in the hiring process (firefighter) with a city and even got a conditional job offer pending the outcome of a health physical, which I passed, when I was charged with a felony. They sent me a letter saying that I was no longer being hired due to the pending charge. The charge was ultimately dismissed...According to this cities policy I am now too old for this position. Do I have a case?

ecmst12

Did you have a birthday? Is there a legitimate health reason that the position has an age cap? What is the age cap?

1big1

Also, the state fire pension system has this policy that the maximum age to be 44 yrs of age prior to being hired. I guess it has something to do with being able to retire before the age of 65...No health reason.

1big1

The exam had nothing to do with the charge. I was charged on an unrelated event and it was then dismissed...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">